Community Supported Agriculture
What’s a CSA
Simply, it’s a garden service where we harvest and deliver to a host home of your choice. Vegetables and fruits come clean, packaged and ready to prepare. Your weekly share of fresh produce comes directly from our gardens throughout the growing and harvest seasons. Bill talks about the operation on YouTube.
5 benefits of joining our CSA
- See where real food lives and grows from the ground up and under what conditions.
- Everything is pesticide free and naturally grown, food tastes like it was meant to taste.
- Produce is harvested just before delivery and is far fresher and at it’s optimal nutritional value than anything picked before it’s time.
- You may not be familiar with everything that goes into your share, but try it and over time you will find fresh vegetables and fruits taste great!
- All our fruits and vegetables are naturally ripened and grown on our farm.
We deliver to
Lacombe and Edmonton – Tuesday afternoons
Red Deer, Airdrie and Calgary – Thursday afternoons
To open the file and save a filled in copy of this form you need Adobe Reader XI or higher. Go to https://get.adobe.com/reader/ to download.
Questions? Contact us
What are my options?
- choose a veggie share: 18 weekly portions during the Summer/Fall deliveries OR customize your deliveries to suit your life, tell us which weeks you want using the calendar on the CSA registration form.
- add 8 weeks of Alberta Fruit deliveries and/or
- add 8 weeks of prepared goods with fruit pies, homemade baked goods, soups, jams, pickled goods and frozen items. (Easy Fun Share)
We grow 40 different types of vegetables involving a lot of varieties each season. There will be lighter crops like lettuce, kale, leafy and spicy greens. Peas, carrots, cucumbers, beans, garlic and onions come in mid-season. Later crops like cabbage, squash, pumpkins, corn and potatoes, round out the season.
One year we had oodles of zucchini and piles of beans but no basil or carrots! Other years we could have loads of carrots and small amounts of peas due to the weather conditions, we keep replanting the things we can. Some products take all summer to get one crop like the pumpkins and squashes.
Still not convinced?
Read what people have said about our CSA Program:
I would like to thank you and your staff at the gardens for such a wonderful season. This was my first year as a CSA member and I am very happy with the produce and service you provided. I am already looking forward to next season!!!
Thank you so much! We enjoyed our fruits and vegetables a lot. We discovered fruits and vegetables we didn’t know existed, and the recipes you sent were delicious. I will sure recommend to anyone to be part of the CSA program next year!
Have a wonderful rest of the year, and please keep me posted 🙂
Janeth & Family
Thank you for the high quality produce throughout the summer and fall. We have been delighted and excited to
discover our weekly offerings! We appreciated the special treats as well (…jam, pumpkin, pickles, honey, wheat,
sweet peas, etc.). Can’t wait for next year!
All the best,
Kim (and Rufus) Edmonton
Hello Edie and Bill,
Just wanted to say thank you for a great season of surprise bags…we really enjoyed the fresh quality and
variety. It made for a wonderful season of eating healthy. Thanks.
Lorraine Whelen and family
You can help in a number of ways.
1. Tell your friends and family about your decision to join us for they may like to join too.
2. Act as a host – you receive home delivery and others pick up their shares from you.
3. Work along side us with the tasks on the farm.
4. Help pick fruit, half for you and half for us.